Friday, January 27, 2012

28 - Gioz the Defender: Tower Defense

Greetings all!

I have been contacted to assist with a tower defense game being developed for most mobile and tablet platforms.

The game is called Gioz: The Defender. During the tower defense style action you take control of Gioz and are able to assist the towers in fending off the Creeps; an endless wave of evil minions.

My first task is to create the 10 different forms of Creeps. For this task I was requested to develop Creeps of 3 different sizes: Small (.5 units), Medium (1 unit), and Large (1.25 units).

To begin I gathered as much information and reference from the client as I could on what style he was looking for and from there I built up a proportion sheet. Next I created a base character mesh from which the other proportions would be sourced.

During the process I generated an even larger still Creep to use as reference and any possible boss Creeps.

From this Boss Creep mesh I tweaked, pushed, pulled, and smoothed my way to victory; 3 different proportioned meshes, all from the same source, and all with the same vert count and uvs.

This should make the animator's job a lot easier.

See below for all 4 of the base meshes:







My next task is to take the drawings I have done for each of the classes of Creep and create their armour and weaponry.

As always any feedback is greatly appreciated. Enjoy!

P.S. Link to the Tower Defense game thread: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92751

Cheers~

1 comment:

  1. Best guy i ever met. His work is awesome. I recommend him to all!

    ReplyDelete